Tenant Property Protection in a nutshell:
- NO deductible (it’s not insurance)
- Pays replacement cost (3 levels of coverage available)
- Rates do NOT increase if you make a claim
- Tenant Property Protection (TPP) is BBB Accredited
- This program protects your stored personal property
All storage units rented since 3/13/2017 automatically include $2,000 replacement value coverage with your rental.
Tenants who rented before then have the option to purchase protection, or any tenant may buy additional protection coverage:
- $2,000 protection limit – $6/mo
- $3,000 protection limit – $8/mo
- $5,000 protection limit – $10/mo
Additional coverage can be purchased, but must be coordinated. Contact Affordable Mini Storage, LLC at 540-966-1295 and request your coverage amount, and we’ll work out the details with TPP for you.
A few important things:
- Keep your unit locked
- It is wise to keep a few pictures and receipts of what you’re storing, and/or an itemized list. This will expedite matters if you ever need to make a claim.
- Vehicles, parking space rentals and unlocked units are not eligible for the plan. For a complete list, please see the Addendum from TPP.
- Your unit must be paid at all times for the protection to be active.
Read the entire Tenant Property Protection agreement here.
Got a question? Call Affordable Mini Storage, LLC at 540-966-1295 and ask for Carrie – she’ll be glad to answer your questions.