Tenant Property Protection in a nutshell:
- NO deductible (it’s not insurance)
- Pays replacement cost (3 levels of coverage available)
- Rates do NOT increase if you make a claim
- Tenant Property Protection (TPP) is BBB Accredited
- This program protects your stored personal property
All storage units rented since 3/13/2017 automatically include $2,000 replacement value coverage with your rental, with the exception of mobile units and vehicle spaces.
Tenants who rented before then have the option to purchase protection, or any tenant may buy additional protection coverage:
- $2,000 protection limit – $6/mo
- $3,000 protection limit – $8/mo
- $5,000 protection limit – $10/mo
Additional coverage can be purchased, but must be coordinated. Contact Affordable Mini Storage, LLC at 540-966-1295 and request your coverage amount, and we’ll work out the details with TPP for you.
A few important things:
- Keep your unit locked
- It is wise to keep a few pictures and receipts of what you’re storing, and/or an itemized list. This will expedite matters if you ever need to make a claim.
- Vehicles, parking space rentals, mobile units and unlocked units are not eligible for the plan. For a complete list, please see the Addendum from TPP.
- Your unit must be paid at all times for the protection to be active.
Read the entire Tenant Property Protection agreement here.
Got a question? Call Affordable Mini Storage, LLC at 540-966-1295 and ask for Carrie – she’ll be glad to answer your questions.