Every storage facility is different. Asking questions before you rent a unit is important!
Is the facility really secure?
Every storage facility will claim they have security lighting and video monitoring, but realize those are general terms. Ask for specifics, such as:
- Are the cameras recording 24/7?
- Is the facility well lit at night, so the cameras aren’t just capturing blackness?
- Are there more than just a few cameras?
- Does each building have cameras, including ones over the doors to record entry/exit behavior?
- Is the gate electronic access?
- Does each client have their own code?
- If so, are entry/exits